Sunday, January 30, 2011

don't cry over spilled water...

It is Sunday morning.  Our friend Ezra just left to go be with his wife who is already at the hospital admitting their little girl Amiah.  He dropped off Zu Zu again.  We love Zu Zu. 

I am in my room, working on some things and I hear an "appeal" that their is spilled water.  I went out to the kitchen to see that our water pitcher had been dumped out all over the floor and the rug.  So I cleaned it up.  It is in those moments you can cry or get excited about the fact that in the future, I will have 2 children to clean up after instead of one.  That makes me so happy!

I think as a parent if I am not careful, I can spend my child's entire life trying to worry about and shape what they will become in the future (a doctor, lawyer, teacher, athlete, etc); and we can completely miss out on who they are now!

"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today."  ~Stacia Tauscher

No comments:

Post a Comment