Tuesday, March 22, 2011

bringing heaven to earth...

Tysen I have a surprise for you tomorrow! "I know what it is mom, you're gonna get little sister tonight and lay her next to me while I am sleeping." ( I must admit this made me cry a little). I wish honey, but not yet; how about Disney world? I just smiled...

About 3 weeks ago we were having dinner with some friends of our's and they had invited over another couple whom we had never met. We had an awesome time. When the evening was concluding the husband of the couple we had never met said, ya know, if guys guys would like to take Ty to Disney world I can get you in for FREE! My heart jumped with excitement. Ty has been asking to go for months but, in the middle of adopting a baby and going over sea's this summer there is no spare change...

So this past Friday, we had the day off. We packed our backpack full of snacks and we were off to the Magic Kingdom. It was seriously one of the most fun days of our life. Some of the comments made throughout the day by Ty were: "this is the best day of my life" & "splash mountain rules" & "can we come back to tomorrow?" There was a ton of dancing going on too (by Tysen). It gets better; about mid afternoon, the couple that had us over to dinner told told us they would be at Magic Kingdom with there grand kids and wanted to meet us at the castle to give Ty a gift. When got there my friend hands over an envelope with Ty's name on it with 50 Disney dollars; to buy ice cream, souvenirs or anything else his little heart would desire! I know - amazing!

God is good. In the midst of all the turmoil and suffering in the world; in the midst of the stress of how are we going to pay for this adoption; and the list goes on and on. In the midst of all this some sweet people who love God chose to give us an amazing day where all the stress seemed a billion miles away (probably because we were at the happiest place on earth). I want to be that kind of person. To spread the good news of Jesus and to see people in stressful situations and to help relieve the stress. To do what I can to bring a smile to peoples faces... There is so much saddness right now, and I am not sure the world is going to get better, but we need to do what we can do, to bring heaven to earth in someone's life!

No comments:

Post a Comment